About the book. Search in this book. Physical Chemistry: Concepts and Theory provides a comprehensive overview of physical and theoretical chemistry while focusing on the basic principles that unite the sub-disciplines of the field.
- The Physical Basis of Thermodynamics: With Applications to Chemistry.
- The Nightmare War.
- The Physical Basis of Thermodynamics: With Applications to Chemistry?
- Eternal (The Immortal Saga Book 2).
- 1. Introduction.
- Gluten Free Recipes - Gluten Free Living; Sexy and Simple.
It has its roots in the latter part of the 19th century, when atomic and molecular theories of matter began to be generally accepted. The application of thermodynamic principles begins by defining a system that is in some sense distinct from its surroundings. For example, the system could be a sample of gas inside a cylinder with a movable piston , an entire steam engine , a marathon runner, the planet Earth , a neutron star , a black hole , or even the entire universe.
In general, systems are free to exchange heat , work , and other forms of energy with their surroundings. For a gas in a cylinder with a movable piston , the state of the system is identified by the temperature , pressure , and volume of the gas. These properties are characteristic parameters that have definite values at each state and are independent of the way in which the system arrived at that state. In other words, any change in value of a property depends only on the initial and final states of the system, not on the path followed by the system from one state to another.
Such properties are called state functions.
In contrast, the work done as the piston moves and the gas expands and the heat the gas absorbs from its surroundings depend on the detailed way in which the expansion occurs. By isolating samples of material whose states and properties can be controlled and manipulated, properties and their interrelations can be studied as the system changes from state to state. You are using an outdated browser.
Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security. Info Print Print.
Data not available for display.
Table Of Contents. This article is Open Access.
Please wait while we load your content Something went wrong. Try again? Cited by.alictaztelstek.tk
The Physical Basis of Thermodynamics: With Applications to Chemistry by Pascal R
Back to tab navigation Download options Please wait Supplementary information PDF K. Article type: Perspective.
- Bible Encoded Crop Circle Gods:The Bible and Crop Circles are Decoded to Reveal Their Common Source. Four Alien Mysteries Explained--Origin of UFOs, Mars ... Crop Circles, and the Torahs Text.
- Ambassadors for God: Envisioning Reconciliation Rites for the 21st Century (Liturgical Studies (Church Publishing));
- The Physical Basis of Thermodynamics With Applications to Chemistry - video dailymotion?
- Publication details.
- Ordnungspolitischer Reformbedarf der Europäischen Rundfunkordnung (German Edition).
DOI: Download Citation: Phys. Predictive thermodynamics for ionic solids and liquids L.
Glasser and H. Jenkins, Phys. Search articles by author Leslie Glasser. Donald Brooke Jenkins. Back to tab navigation Fetching data from CrossRef. Back to tab navigation.